Monday, May 07, 2001

Amazing how important the small words are in life, huh? The problems I made for myself updating (ftp-ing) my website today just because I messed up a very small word on the ftp instruction. It kind of makes me think of the old saying 'manners maketh man' and just how pleasant, perhaps even important, it is to say things like 'please' and 'thankyou'.
The reason for updating was that I decided to let folks see what I was talking about in yesterday's blog...the sun. So there's now some pics from yesterday and from today showing the sun departing, the moon departing this morning and a pic just before the sun rose.I was up that early!!!! (take note family members - they never believe I get up before midday, heheheheeh)
Also on the updated website there's a link to the local town's webcam, operated by the Kommune (council) and showing the car park and streets, plus a bit of the lake (yet another lake!) in front of the combined library/school/tourist centre. Tourism? Absolutely, we get innundated in the summer with canoists and campers touring the lakes, forests,and all that. They come from all over Europe, a bit like the migratory birds :) It's a very pleasant little town, nicely laid out and one can usually get most of anything there. If not in stock, shopkeeper's are excellent at ordering and getting it fast.
I've been coming here for over 12 years now and even now my Swedish is not so good, (I'm not so hot with languages even though I try)so it's very nice of most of them to tolerate me speaking English. In fact, many like me to do so as they like to practice their's, hehehehehehe.
Nice place. Nice people. Nice life, huh?
..................................................................return to homepage

No comments:

Contact

You may contact the writer of this blog at:

sasgg@protonmail.com



Search This Blog